Procuring and keeping the necessary documents for your medical tour ensures your journey is pleasant and trouble-free. Here is a list of some of the mandatory documents you would be required to carry during your medical trip:
1) Passport copies of the patient and his or her attendant(s)
2) Patient's medical reports - The medical documents on the basis of which the medical visa was granted. If there has been an update on the medical condition of the patient, even those documents can be enclosed. This includes -
- All recent medical reports (including scans, X-rays, blood tests, etc.)
- Details of prescribed drugs currently being used by the patient
3) Proof of relationship - A certificate issued by the government showing relationship between the applicant and the patient who has been granted the medical visa.
4) Certificate of preliminary medical advice - This document is granted by the country of origin/residence to the applicant grants on the basis of the medical reports of the patient when he or she has been advised to go for specialized medical treatment.
5) Medical Visa: This includes the Attendants Visa that have been granted to the individuals accompanying the patient
In addition to the above, the following are some of the other important documents that would be required -
- Appointment letter (Letter stating your appointment with the doctors)
- Patient's and attendant's Identity Proofs
- Hospital card of your previous visits (if any)
- Insurance card
- Passport size photograph (at least 10) for both
- Local mandate like yellow fever vaccination (Few countries demand it as a mandate)